Emerald Dream Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shotaris, The Black Arrow

Go down

Shotaris, The Black Arrow Empty Shotaris, The Black Arrow

Post by Shotsfired Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:04 am

The pouring rain fell on Shotaris like cannon-fire. He slowly trudged through the mud of the Arathi Highlands as weeds and foliage were crushed under each step. A light ahead was his only guide in the harsh weather, and as he drew near, the light source finally became evident. The gaze of the Mercenary fell onto a small, Dwarven bunker. He saw inside a Dwarven family of three gathered around a fire pit, their shadows cast over the window. He scowled to himself, and mutter as he looked up at the falling rain, "Contract didn't mention anything about a family."

The would-be killer pulled three black-painted arrows from his quiver. An Obsidium arrowhead was knotted to each arrow, fletched by Raven's feathers. The Mercenary nocked one arrow, and took aim at the largest Dwarf in the window.

"No survivors."

----------

A loud knock could be heard on the door of a corner house in Tarren Mill. A Forsaken man slowly rose from his chair by the fireplace, and cursed to himself, "Who could possibly come knocking at this hour?"

Damien Crowe opened the door, and had he been able to breathe, a gasp have escaped from his mouth. An armor-clad Sin'dorei stood before him, rain water dropping slowly from his shoulders. He carried an untied burlap sack in his free hand with what appeared to be three head-shaped objects within. A thick, red liquid oozed through the sack, and dripped onto the entryway.

The Undead was startled at the sudden return of the Mercenary, "I had hired you just last night...are you here because you have finished the job?"

The Sin'dorei dropped the sack, and nodded. "Aye." He then reached down, and showed the contents of the sack to the Forsaken. Crowe took a peek inside, and a crooked smile began to spread across his decaying lips, "Then I trust it was no issue?"

Shotaris shook his head, "Three targets, and three arrows."

"Good...good. Now brings the matter of your payment," The Forsaken muttered as he pulled a sack of gold from within his robes and threw it at Shotaris, "Three thousand, as we agreed on."
The Mercenary caught the gold, and pocketed it within his armor. After he made sure the gold was safe, he forcibly stepped into Crowe, pushing them both into the house. Shotaris closed the door behind them.

Crowe slowly backed up from the mail-clad killer, and raised a bony finger at Shotaris, "I gave you your gold...why must you intrude into my house? I'll have the Mill's Deathstalkers arrest you quickly, Black Arrow."

Shotaris reached out, grabbed the finger of Crowe, and snapped it easily as a twig. The Forsaken howled in rage, his glowing, yellow eyes stared furiously at the Mercenary.

"What are you doing?!" He demanded through clenched teeth, his arm still in Shotaris's grap. But what the Mercenary said next would cause his eyes to go from glaringly furious, to wide with fear.

"Fulfilling another bounty."

Shotsfired

Back to top Go down

Shotaris, The Black Arrow Empty Re: Shotaris, The Black Arrow

Post by Shotsfired Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:04 am

The smell of burnt flesh filled Shotaris’ nostrils as he watched the corpse of the Forsaken burn in the nearby fireplace. A small, sadistic smile spread across his face as the body melted in the flames before him. The mercenary kicked the body once, causing a burst of sparks to spiral out from the fire.

“No one will ever know you’re dust until I’m long gone.”

Tiny flames slowly danced and glowed in the reflection of the elf's eyes while he looked on. Satisfied the Forsaken wouldn’t be granted life a second time, he turned around and walked out the door into the cold night.

Hours passed. The hired gun keept walking, miles away now from the Mill, his present location the middle of the Foothills. A dirt path, filled with various stones and logs kept his direction as he walked. The night was still, not a living thing was in sight of the mercenary as he continued down the trail. The path began to narrow, as a small light appeared before him on the horizon. It was large enough to see it was an estate of considerable size. However, it was also the only light on the horizon, seemingly shrouded from civilization. The mercenary finally entered the estate grounds, and walked up to the wooden door. Shotaris knocked three times in quick succession.

“What is the most rewarding thing in death?” Was the response from within.

He smirked. “Silence, my master.” The door creaked open before him, and he walked inside.

Before Shotaris stood a Sin’dorei, back turned to him, attention on that of the fireplace in the corner. His hair was like the Raven feathers Shotaris used for the fletching of his arrows. Large, muscular arms came from the Ebon armor he donned. A great bow and a quiver of arrows much like the ones the mercenary used hung across his back.

“Sardonis, I have done what you asked. The Dwarven family has been slaughtered, and the “contact” has been murdered. All trails leading to us have been covered. Easy money.” Shotaris said with a small grin on his lips as he reached into his armor, and tossed the payment Damien Crowe gave him. He was smug. Confident they were untouchable.

Sardonis turned to meet Shotaris’ eyes, as he caught the pouch of gold. “Good. You’ve done me well. Damien was...easy to persuade that the Dwarves were a threat.” He then sighed, and gave a small frown, “However...there’s...been a problem.”

Shotaris’ grin faded. He lofted a single eyebrow as he inquired, “A problem? How? I made sure my tracks were covered.”

Sardonis gave the Mercenary a cold look, “I have intelligence that there is another mercenary that dares to take our clients, kill our targets...our very way of life is in danger. They must be eliminated.”

“But Bloodreaver…”

Sardonis pointed to the door, and shook his head, “No rebuttal. I have already secured transport to Pandaria, where you will track down an elf for me. You are to head to the Undercity, where you will catch a Zeppelin. It will take you to Orgrimmar. From there, you will board another Zeppelin, only this time destined for Pandaria.”

Shotaris looked at his mentor, and nodded silently.

Sardonis gave a small smirk from the right side of his lips, “He is wearing an insignia of a Black Cross. That is all the information you need to know. Find this elf...and grant him eternal silence.”

Shotsfired

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotsfired Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:05 am

The wind swept across Shotaris Evaelathil's face as he gazed across the vast forest below him, deep in thought. The Jade Forest underneath was calm and the night sky above him was clear. He stood at the bow of the zeppelin, his right hand grasping a length of rope that ran between the deck and the balloon.

"Sardonis really has gone out of his way for this one," He muttered under his breath, looking out at the dark horizon before him.

The war that ravaged across Pandaria was still in full effect. It was no surprise Shotaris was able to secure a spot on the zeppelin from Orgrimmar to Dominance Point as Sardonis foretold, simply stating he was a "Thalassian Mercenary". The Horde only cared about their war; they would not question a Sin'dorei freelancer wanting to get in on Alliance bloodshed. The Mercenary's loyalties lied with coin coming from the coffers of Horde officials. Or so they thought.

Shotaris let go of the rope he gripped and donned a black mail helm in the shape of a gas-mask that he held in the other hand. It was an intimidating piece, as was the rest of the armor he wore; Sardonis had personally seen to it his prized pupil would go well equipped for this bounty. This worried the Hunter, however. It meant the job would not be easy.

He picked up a parachute pack that lied at his feet, and strapped it across his back. The Mercenary looked around to make sure no one would notice what he was about to do. To his relief, no one was around, most of the Horde crew was asleep, save for the pilot and the Goblins working to keep the balloon afloat. They wouldn’t notice a random Mercenary missing. Shotaris then stepped to the edge of the Zeppelin, and whispered a small prayer.

Shotaris jumped.

The parachute flew off into the night as he touched ground after his descent. He dropped the backpack from his shoulders, and looked at his surroundings. A line of lights shone brightly in the distance. He sighed with relief, for he had landed exactly where he needed to: the outskirts of Dawn’s Blossom. After making sure his bow and the quiver of arrows he carried were still in good condition after the fall, he set forth towards the Pandaren town.

Shotsfired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum