Emerald Dream Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beginning is the End

Go down

The Beginning is the End Empty The Beginning is the End

Post by Reimels Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:17 am

My eyes crustily creaked open as blinding light poured in, I screamed in pain as they kept opening. Moments later my vision started to settle and I frantically looked around wondering what the hell was happening, only to see piles of bones and skulls. I hear a laugh so evil and demonic it makes my spine rattle, I turn around swiftly to see nothing there.. The laughter slowly fades off into the distance. I get up taking in my surroundings, tall trees, lots of underbrush, and of course the bones. 'How did I get here? What the hell is going on?' I thought to myself. The last thing I remember doing was...
I hit myself on the head and hear a faint rattle 'Oh shi...'
I look down at my body and scream. I've just now realized, 'I am rotting skin and bones..' I start stammering, "but.. but.. but I was just.." What was I before this?

As I walk through the dense forest, all I hear is the crich-crunch of the underbrush beneath my toes, and my quickening heartbeat. Heartbeat growing faster and stronger, I start to talk to myself to draw my attention away, but it doesn't work. The sound of my heart beat is starting to make me go mad, "MAKE IT STOP!!!" I screamed, but to no avail. Suddenly, I hear a branch snap off a tree to my right. I lunge at the noise out of stupidity only to land on a big rock. 'I'll never make it out of here..' I thought to myself.. I'm so scared. I get back up and keep aimlessly wandering through the forest, pushing weird melting branches out of my way that seemed like they were on purple fire, but they weren't hot. The tree branches start burning brighter the further I walk, I assume I am going the right direction..

Soon enough I enter into a clearing with a massive purple casting circle on the ground, six fire effigies burning at each end of the shape in the middle. I creep closer, and begin to hear a loud breathing coming from the cave at the other end of the clearing. A massive dark figure in a robe appears at the entrance speaking in a language that makes my head pulse and severely hurt. "SHI LOK MAEV.., SHI ALAR GUL!" he yells. I start to feel weird, like my body is melting, I try to scream in pain but nothing comes out. My eyesight starts to fade again as the figure screeches and comes towards me with an angry orange glow in its eyes.

Everything goes black.. I feel an evil hand reach into the very fiber of my being... I feel cold, lonely.. dark.. I can feel my heart start to slow down until I hear the gut-wrenching sound of it being torn out of my body, my senses are fading... "This is the end, what Hell have I been placed upon?" I think as I black out...
Reimels
Reimels

Back to top Go down

The Beginning is the End Empty Re: The Beginning is the End

Post by Reimels Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:24 am

I wake up screaming, the most intense pain I can imagine is coursing through my body, it's almost unbearable. I look at my left arm, still rotting flesh and bone... "I was hoping all that was just a nightmare.." I thought to myself as I shake my head hoping to snap out of whatever it is that I am in. I try to raise myself off the ground, but I am far too weak from the trauma that occurred... how long has it been? I look to my right, noticing noise in close proximity. Waves... I must be on an ocean shore somewhere. I roll over, looking around for something to try to help me get up on my feet, nothing is around. I lay back in the sand, and sigh.. Why me? What did I do to deserve this torture.. As I think to myself about how to get out of my situation, a couple of plants start to rustle near me. Unable to defend myself, I just hope that it isn't that god awful demon thing from earlier back to torture me. Pich Pach, the thing creeps very slowly towards me.
I feel a soft tongue lick the top of my head..

"What the fuck?", I gather the strength to lift my head, there is a giant turtle staring me straight into my eyes. It snaps it's jaw, almost happily, like it has a new toy to play with. The turtle looks at me for a couple seconds, that felt like an eternity, as it tries to figure out my fate. With another lick to the head, it rolls me over on my back and lifts me up in a sitting position. I feel a sense of gratitude as the turtle walks around my side to look at me straight in the eyes again. We stare at each other for a couple more tense moments, I'm half expecting to get my face bitten off by the slightly cracked by razor sharp mouth the turtle has. As the seconds passed, I realized the turtle was waiting for something, so I mustered up the strength to rub its head gently. It sticks its tongue out at me and sort of nestles its head in my head, almost as if saying that I was its friend.

A couple hours pass, looking at the turtle, noticing its cracked shell, razor sharp claws and beak, but also its massive beautiful black eyes and what was in them. The closer I got, the more intense the turtles eyes became. They were full of beautiful specs that looked like the sky on a well light night, I was entranced. Since sitting there, I have gotten some of my familiar strength back from that dream or whatever it was.
"No heartbeat anymore though", I think to myself sadly. As I get up, I notice the turtle turns with me, almost as if it wanted to go with me. I look at it for a split second.. Eh' why not.

We start sauntering down the beach wearily. I could tell the turtle was exhausted and malnourished, I felt like I needed to find food for her because she saved my life, if not for the company anyways. Far off in the distance we notice a crab trying to bury itself, the turtle rushes towards it, faster than any turtle I've ever seen. The crab vanishes into the sand before the turtle reaches it and she lets out a moan and snaps her mouth loudly in what seems like disgust. Shortly after, the turtle collapses on the beach, she had obviously given up. I walk up and pat her head, I felt sorry for the poor thing, so I told it to stay as I headed inland to look for food. I cut into the woods, climbing over big roots, starting to get more agile and mobile as I go. Soon I find myself at a full sprint in search of anything that this turtle can eat, that's when I see it, a muddy pit in the ground. I start digging, dead skin ripping off my bare hands until I find it.. Yes! there it is, an earth worm, no.. a handful of earth worms! I snatch the wriggling worms up quickly and sprint back to the turtle on the beach, now being scorched by the unforgiving sun. I hold its head up as it opens its mouth and it starts munching on the worms out of whats left of the palms of my hands. She finishes eating and sort of growls in happiness at me, I look at her again and say aloud, "I think I will call you Breezy, you like that?" The turtle snaps her jaw excitedly.. I'll take that as a yes!

Breezy and I start walking farther down the beach as I ask her questions like, "Where are we? Did you see the Demon too? How long have you been here?" I never got responses obviously, but it was nice to have someone to bounce my ideas off of, you know? Either way, we keep walking down the beach, massive waves crashing to our right. "I smell smoke!" I yelled as I looked at Breezy, who didn't seem enthused but begrudgingly started running towards the smell with me. We come into view of a large pillar of smoke coming from the woods, it seemed right next to the beach. I take a deep breath, remembering the demon, wondering if its the same thing. Scared out of my mind, I look at Breezy, whom smiles back at me blissfully, almost like she was saying, whats the worst that can happen? With that we start into the woods carefully... .....(end for now)
Reimels
Reimels

Back to top Go down

Post by Reimels Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:24 am

Critch... Cruntch... Critch... Cruntch..

The sounds of sticks breaking beneath our feet as we walk through the forest.. "Too loud" I think to myself, remembering the awful demon once more.. I stop and shake in my boots slightly.. I can almost feel my beating heart being torn out again from that... monster.. Standing there, my mind starts to become cloudy and I hear a dark voice in my head... "KILL THEM!" it screamed.. In a panic I look around, realizing nothing was around me besides Breezy, I take off running back towards the beach. A couple minutes pass.. I swear the beach was this way, I quickly look up in the sky. The massive black pillar of smoke looming overhead even closer.. I stammer, but... but there's no way!

The voice enters my mind again this time saying
"You will be the one to kill them all if I don't kill you first, child.."

I feel a warm lick on the palm of my rotting hand, snapping out of the cage in my mind, I see Breezy staring at me. Her face has a worried expression on it as she snaps her beak, it was obvious that she wanted to press on. So we keep walking, cautiously again, towards the black smoke until we near the edge of the tree-line. I raise my finger to my mouth so Breezy will stay quiet as I sneak up to some bushes on the edge of the trees. Looking out into a clearing, I see a very quaint cobblestone house. The voice fills my mind this time, "You have been here before child, don't you remember?". A sudden chill runs down my spine, the voice was right, I had been here before.. This is where that demon tore my heart out. "The demon knows we are here" I thought to myself quivering. I turn around looking for Breezy but she isn't there. Frantically I look around only to see her making her way across the field to the house. I want to scream, but out of fear of the demon I hold myself back.

I watch Breezy make it to the door which opens by itself, she walks in calmly. I start to get very nervous, I know I can't just leave her in there alone.. With that I pop around the bushes and start sneaking up to the house. The closer I get the larger the house becomes, almost like it is looming over me and would devour me if given the chance..

Windows burning red and orange, making the growing house seem evil in a way. The door swings open and an intense purple light shines through the opening. The voice again saying "You have been here before child.. You must die." I look up, the shingles of the roof are clattering with a visible dark energy. The smoke billowing out the back reaching high in the sky, filled with purple swirling dots. Dots that seemed playful, almost like... "peoples' spirits?" I thought to myself in horror.

A fel-green mist pours out of the door as I cross the threshold into the house. I look around to see a slightly lit house, a table and some chairs, only a small fire is lit in the fire place. I call out for Breezy, "Where are ya girl?". I hear her beak snapping in the back left corner of the room.. The darkest one. As I approach the corner I see a set of frightened eyes looking back at me. "Breezy?" I asked. The eyes close and I hear the door SLAM shut and lock behind me. I swivel around, nothing? I turn around to get Breezy so we can leave and in the darkness I see a staircase leading downwards. A purple light at the bottom.. Shivers down my spine once more as the voice tells me "Follow the light child"

With those words, I lose complete control of my body, I feel almost gravitated towards the door. Reaching the bottom I take inventory of the room. Cauldrons, bubbling potions, a massive purple fire in the hearth at the other end of the room, jars of green liquid with human heads in them, and last but not least a dark figure with its back towards me. "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH BREEZY" I found myself yelling at the figure. The voice invading my mind once more "It is time to die child"... The figure turns around, burning purple embers in its eye sockets. A disfigured face with a jaw barely hanging on and a green tongue hanging out. My entire body stiffens as I see the figure, feeling an extremely powerful dark energy. The figure proclaims, "I am Mok' Lar Devour-er of Souls! I see you have come to add to my collection!"

"SHRII LOK TOK MAR MUH THOL!! SHRII MOK ALGUR MASGROL!!!"
A small purple orb jumps from Mok' Lar's open hand and into my body.

Upon impact, the dot starts spreading like a virus.. I look down in horror, watching my body being petrified. "I CANT MOVE!" I yell. Mok' Lar laughs manically and starts walking towards me, the voice growing stronger "I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!" followed by maniacal laughing. As he looms over me, he breathes in, I can feel my soul trying to fight to stay in my body. "Damn this demon again" I think to myself. Losing all hope I close my eyes, "Where is Breezy?"
Reimels
Reimels

Back to top Go down

Post by Reimels Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:24 am

A soothing woman's voice interrupts the maniacal laughing
"You can move, it's only a cheap parlor trick!" “SNAP YOUR ARM LEFT AND BREAK FREE!”
Breezy??
I follow the voices instructions out of instinct, unable to think for myself to survive this situation..

I break free from the paralyzing grip of the dark magic, Mok’ Lar jumps back and says “You.. How did you do that?” Following the voice’s words I charge at the demon, grabbing a jar with a severed head and smashing it upon the warlocks face. Mok’ Lar screams, “MY TEST SUBJECT!”. He turns and angrily looks at me and starts waving his hands, I can see the energy collecting in another ball shape like before. I don’t hesitate, the voice fading now, I grab some test tubes full of blue liquid and throw them at Mok’ Lar’s face. They impact his eyes with a “CRASH!” Mok’ Lar grabs his eyes screaming in pain and starts wandering around stumbling into tables knocking things over. Bent over, he yells “ENOUGH OF THESE GAMES!!” “SIN LOK’ TA!!!”.. A powerful pull starts dragging me towards him as he starts yelling “SIN LOK’ TA!!!” louder. In a panic I try holding onto anything, but to no avail. I reach Mok’ Lar, he grabs me as I try to punch him. He holds me up, looking face to face, I notice how disfigured he is and that his glowing eyes were now dark. “I must have blinded him” I thought to myself. Mok’ Lar’s grip tightened, squeezing me to death. I start to fight back, we knock against tables, edging closer to the purple fire, I can feel my rotting skin start to crawl. Mok’ Lar trips over a loose stone on the ground, we both fall into the raging purple fire.. The pain is excruciating but the demon won’t let go, screaming that we will perish together.
I black out, with the last images in my head being a demonic spirit flying from Mok’ Lar’s body into mine. Mok’ Lar’s final words mumbled, “I curse you, Reimels, You will be damned for all of eternity”.

My vision comes into focus as I see the house burning down in a blazing purple fire. I’m being dragged, tilting my head to see Breezy frantically pulling me back towards the woods, my vision fades again..
Reimels
Reimels

Back to top Go down

Post by Reimels Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Breezy's soft moist tongue licks my face as I awake. Still dazed I sit up and look around and find myself almost face to face with a massive root dripping in sap. I feel cold, its night time, Breezy must have dragged me into this cave under a root. I look at Breezy whom locks eyes with me. I try to communicate with her mentally to see if I can hear the same voice I heard before during the fight, but we both just stare at each other blankly. "Did I really hear those voices?", I think to myself.

The sun eventually rises and I decide to figure out where we are. Poking my head out of the cave, a glop of sap rubs off on the top of my head, taking whats left of my hair with it. I look up at the stuck hair and sigh, "I wonder how gross I look now". I motion for Breezy to follow as I step over a large root, she does hesitantly.

CAW! ERRRRACCHT!!

A massive parrot, almost the size of Breezy swoops down at us as we step over the large root on the ground. I swat at the massive bird to get away from me as it grabs a maggot crawling on my shoulder. I spin around almost knocked over by the force of the of the powerful wind the parrots wing made. Looking up, I watch the powerful bird fly off north into the distance where I can see a gathering of birds flying around the tops of the tallest trees in the area. I look at Breezy and nod my head in the direction of the trees, “Might as well see whats there right?”. Breezy stares back vacantly, she doesn’t care.. I start trudging north, Breezy following behind me snapping her beak anxiously.

We reach the massive trees and notice that the bark on them seems to be moving. Getting closer we notice the bark isn’t actually bark, but the trees are covered in birds of all colors, creating a beautiful effect looking at surrounding trees. Watching the birds and listening to them sing a song, the large parrot swoops down again and lands in front and Breezy and I. Getting a better look at it this time, I notice it’s left wing has a large chunk missing out of it and its magnificent purple and yellow ghostly color. It caws angrily, “it obviously doesn’t want us here”, I say to Breezy. Breezy looks at me and snaps her beak happily and I look at her in wonder as she walks closer to the massive parrot. “What is she doing?” I think, as I watch Breezy and the parrot stare at each other. After a couple tense moments the parrot lets out a mighty “ERRRRACCCHT!!!” and flies in an upward spiral. Thinking the parrot was about to attack us, I jump back and try to get behind a fallen tree as fast as I can. Behind the tree now, I look up and see the parrot still flying upwards until it disappears into the tree tops of the center-most tree.

“RIK.. RIK.. CHAWW!!”
A super-massive bird much larger than the parrot, almost the size of a dragon comes shooting out of the tree-top. Looking up absolutely frightened by the monstrous size of the bird I ask myself, “what the hell is this island??”. The massive bird barrel dives down upon Breezy, I scream, “WATCH OUT BREEZY!!”. At the last moment the bird pulls up and lands directly in front of Breezy. “RIK CHAW!”, It yells at Breezy whom just stares directly back at the bird defiantly. Watching the tense stare-down the air becomes very chilly and unwelcoming. As moments pass I wonder why they are still staring at each other, then it hits me, “maybe Breezy is communicating with the bird”. As I think that the massive bird droops its head.

The voice from the fight invades my mind
“This bird says It will give us passage off this cursed island as long as we never speak of it or return..”

I look at Breezy, she turns and snaps her beak at me. “So I really didn’t imagine her talking to me that day..” I immediately think to myself. I leave the security of the fallen tree and start closing the distance between me and the massive bird. The bird with its pristine golden feathers and pinkish colored wing tips puts me into a state of awe. “I never thought something this beautiful could exist”, I say aloud. I climb onto the birds neck and it lifts its head up to seat me better. I look down at Breezy, “What about her?” The bird shrieks and lifts its wings off the ground in a mighty swooping motion. It reaches out its claws as Breezy tucks her body inside her shell and grabs her. Taking off almost over the trees now, I turn around to look at the land and see long pink and red light trails following the birds wings. Well above the trees now, I peer out over the island and realize it’s very small, “yet it seemed so large”, I thought to myself. I hold on to the birds neck tightly as we hit harsher winds over the expansive waters. The winds get more intense as the bird starts doing harsh turns that are taking at toll on my body. Soon enough I pass out..

Upon waking I find myself on the ground with Breezy staring at the huge bird once more. I get up quickly looking around realizing I’m in a sandy desert next to an ocean. Off in the distance I see a small sand looking town and mountains behind that. I look at the bird and thank it for its help.

The voice enters my mind once more
“The bird’s name is Al’ar.. He wishes us luck on our journey and to remember never to speak of the island or return again or there will be hell to pay.”

I proclaim, “I can’t even recall how to get to the island, I blacked out..”
Al’ar nods at me and with a large swoop it lifts off the ground and flies into the distance leaving Breezy and I looking at each other. “Hey see that town way over there?”, I said as I pointed towards the walls surrounding the town off in the distance. Lets go there and find out where we are...
Reimels
Reimels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum